Saturday, July 11, 2009

You Might Get in the Best Shape of Your Life....Mentally & Physically!

I had no idea that when I decided I had to make an overhaul in my life for my mental status that my body would go through such changes.

After giving up sodas, candy, cleaning up my diet and working out at least 3 days a week - my energy improved, my mental state was much better & the changes to my body were amazing.

For the first time in my life I was not worried about how the scale read or how snug my pants fit, it was about saving my life - my mental life. I felt so out of control & this was a great way to feel like I was regaining some of it.

I got interested in how food effects how your body works & what exercise is most effective for mental stability. Most books don't cover those.
What worked for me was:
* Lowering my carbs to 70-80 per day & giving up processed foods
* Giving up sugar & limiting caffeine
* Exercising 4-5 days a week (interval & strength training)
* Drinking lots of water
* Adding basic supplements into my diet.

- Make sure if you are making changes to your fitness level, diet & supplements always check with your doctor first!

When I joined the gym they wanted to know what I expected to achieve there - weight loss, muscle? When I told them it was for mental support, well I could have had two heads. He said that was the first time he heard of that.

After jumping in and becoming very committed, remember I am not an active person by nature, I lost 40 pounds in 6 months and was in the best shape mentally as well as physically.

Just just a word of warning, you might see lots of changes on the outside as well as on the inside. But focus on your healing, the looking hot is a bonus!!!

I love to hear from you! Feel free to email me anytime if you need me.

All the best,
Amy


I am always here if you have any questions or need support. You can email me directly at amy@thehatchedegg.com

Strong body....Strong mind!

Wishing you all the best,
Amy



Quote of the Day

"Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states." ~ Carol Welch

0 Comments: