Saturday, July 11, 2009

Peep Motivation

Tonight's message is all about you. These are some of the notes I have received this week. Thoughts, Cheers and Ideas. Tonight they will inspire you!

Keep me posted on how you are, I love hearing from you!

All the best,
Amy

_____________________________________________________
Hi Amy,

A couple things help me get to sleep. First, slowing down my mind. There are a few ways I do this; last night I listened to two relaxation recordings on my iPod (each less than 15 minutes. I was pretty tense, so it took two! Second, is to be nice and warm. I found out that people can't fall asleep until their core body temp falls to a certain level. However, if one's extremities are chilly (as mine can be!), the core will stay warm, trying to keep hands and feet warm. So the trick is to be warm in the extremities and the core temp will fall. I guess it's that nice snuggly feeling. One thing I do, is run my electric blanket just a few minutes, until I am warm and relaxed. Then I turn it off -- it's summer after all! But I'm warm enough to relax and fall asleep. These are my two 'tricks."

Have a good day!

Peep Rebecca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Amy;

The water is helping and I also realized after I started to calm down, that my eating today lacked protein. Berry/Banana smoothie and cheerios for breakfast. Hours later anxiety started creeping in and I suddenly thought - "I need water" after I wrote to you I realized "I need real food". You're right - we need to eat healthy to keep our brain and our bodies functioning properly.

Thank you so much.

Enjoy your holiday!


Peep Joanne

__________________________________________________

Dear Amy;

I am shocked! Simple little changes in my life can make such a difference. I stared by keeping track of how much water I was drinking, I was not drinking near enough. Then I sat down and made out a "Nesting" plan. I felt very guilty the first few days, but then I realized I have to place myself in "Incubation" if I am ever going to get better. The other thing I wanted to let others know is that the water trick when you are having an attack really helps a lot. Thanks for all of your useful advice.

Peep Holly
____________________________________________________________________

Amy: Little changes can make a huge difference. Even a little peeble in a calm pond can make a big ripple. Start small if you need too. Just keep track of your water, then plan your "Nesting time" before bed. Little by little we can build on that foundation until it's all second nature. I am so proud of you! Don't get discouraged!



Quote of the Day

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

0 Comments: