Saturday, July 11, 2009

Intervals

Have you made a fitness plan? Can you commit to at least 3 days a week? If you are already doing that, it's time to push it up a little.

Something to remember - we are dealing with healing our bodies so that our minds will follow. With that said, get off the scale! I promise if you make your health your hobby the outside will mirror what's going on inside. This is a full transformation.

Here are a few ways to add fitness into your day:

· Take a brisk (Interval) walk through the neighborhood/mall/park. If you are walking the mall make sure you bypass the food court ;)

· Use a fitness DVD. Keep track of where you stop if you can't make it through, push a minute more the next time.

· Dance!

· Download a yoga podcast from yogadowloads.com

· Run sprints in your backyard. Start with one or two & work up.

· Have fun at the gym, learn not to be afraid of the equipment. Don't stick to one machine, your body adapts quickly - switch up your routine often. Don't worry about who's watching you!

New to Interval Training? Interval training is when you switch up the speed and intensity of your workout. For example: When I work on the treadmill/elliptical machine - I warm up for 2 minutes at a moderate pace and then go as fast as I can for 90 seconds, then back to a moderate pace 90 seconds, back as fast as I can for 90 seconds. I repeat for 15 minutes and then I lift weights.

Click here to read a great site about the benefits of Interval Training.

Adding interval training has made me feel much better. I am not a big runner, so this keeps me on cardio less and strength training more. However, I am getting the cardio benefits like I am on there a lot longer.

* Make sure you have the approval of your doctor before starting any new program. we want you happy & healthy.

If you haven't already, print the Workout Log & commit to feeling better! The Daily Healing Journal is also a great place to keep track and be held accountable.

I am always here if you have questions or comments.


All the best,
Amy



Quote of the Day

"Running is one the best solutions
to a clear mind." ~ Sasha Azevedo

0 Comments: