Thursday, June 18, 2009

What Does Worrying Get You?

So what have you worried about today? This week? What did you worry about last month? Did it turn out like the picture you had in your mind?

So many times as "worriers" we can see this movie going on in our head of the possible outcomes. Like Peep Rebecca and I talked about this week on the Radio Program, we are often the Heroin or Victim in our very own movie. Maybe I am missing my calling, I should be in movies...I have enough crazy plot lines rolling around in my head at times. Sometimes to say the stories out loud are laughable. However, while they are in your head they are frightening and as real as can be.

Have you really noticed that 90% of what we worry is going to happen never does. I used to believe that if I went through all of the scenarios in my head when the real crisis came I would be prepared. Although it really doesn't work that way, when faced with a crisis you Egg Skills should pop into place and then you can be as prepared as possible. Instead all the worry just wears you out & creates an unhealthy environment for your body to try and thrive in.

In all the worrying that you have ever done - did it change what the outcome would be? I bet the answer is "No". However, if a crisis is coming sitting down and making a plan of attack can sometimes change the out come or allow us to handle it.

A big turning point for me was to learn that I don't worry about anything now. I try to live only in the moment, whatever is going on around me. Sometimes people will ask me about future issues - often my answer is "I am not there yet". That's a great reply for those obsessive worry thoughts. "I'm not there yet!" You can also schedule times to allow yourself to worry. Maybe allow yourself to sit and think about the "issue" for 10 minutes a day. Or say "I am not going to worry about this for 3 days, then I will think about it". Usually in the 3 days it's done and gone.

Worry won't change anything!!!!! Make a plan & forget it!

Keep me posted on how you are, I love hearing from you!

All the best,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened" ~Winston Churchill

0 Comments: