Sunday, June 21, 2009

Posture Check!

Today I had this sharp pain in my side. I was thinking back to what might have done it. No wild exercise or heavy lifting. I'm sure it's a terrible disease. Looking it up on the internet is out of the question so I took a few minutes to see if I could figure out what it was.

Guess what I realized??....I was slouching again & this pain was where I was folding in half. There was even a fold line on my torso. How funny. I thought it was something really bad. So tonight's message is all about posture! It's amazing how it can affect how you feel both physically and mentally.

New research is also showing that better posture helps lessen the symptoms of depression and anxiety. If you are folded over it's not a very positive position either. If you want to tackle the day you have to be ready and not slouched to the floor. I personally feel happier when I walk with my posture in a straight line. Might just be me, but I feel very sad when I am all dropped over. Stand in a mirror and just see the difference from the side and front. It's amazing how empowered you feel when you are standing up straight. Check on yourself every so often. As you walk tomorrow do a self check to make sure you are walking with those shoulders back.Your Mother Always Told You to Sit Up Straight!I notice that when I sit at my computer I have a bad habit of slouching. Doing this folds my chest and makes it very hard to get the full belly breath that we need. Messes up all of my chemicals & sometimes leads to panic attacks. Next time you are surfing the web, make sure that you are sitting up straight. This is also a good time to practice those breathing exercises. Move that oxygen all around!

Wishing you all the best,

Amy

Quote of the Day

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength." ~Henry Ward Beecher

0 Comments: