Monday, June 29, 2009

Lavender

Benefits of Lavender

Did you know that the scent of Lavender may alleviate the moods of:

Anxiety
Fear
Anger
Depression
Insomnia
Irritability
Panic & Panic Attacks
Stress

I have kept a bottle of lotion near my bed for a very long time and during times of stress I would rub the lotion on my hands and arms & it seemed to defuse the problem. I have found that I am even naturally drawn to the lavender scent. I even bought a lavender votive this weekend not realizing it's potent effects.Recently I have seen bed linen sprays, soap, candles, lotions, laundry detergent, perfume in Lavender scent. There really is something behind it. This would be great to carry in your car or purse as well as keep next to your bed to use in time of stress.Try some lavender lotion or soap next time you feel the anxiety level rise & let me know if you are getting benefits out of it too. This would be a great gift to give to yourself!

I am off to find more lavender products that I have & start my "nesting time".

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"Is everything as urgent as your stress would imply?"~ Carrie Latet

0 Comments: