Monday, June 29, 2009

Routines

I know that lots of people have their take on routines. However, I just wanted to show you what worked for me.

I have found that I need to be able to check off my list, only focusing on one thing at a time. I love to think I am a multi-tasker, but the truth is that I end up having a 100 unfinished tasks.

I wake up an hour before my family to spend time on myself (my healing hour). Then I just go down the Task List - when it's done, I'm done!! Keeps me focused.

My routine list is VERY simple. I have mapped out my day & just about everyday is the same. Like a child I need to know what comes next.

The Task List that works best for me is a large 18 x 24 poster. It's laminated and each of my kids have one too. They are listed with our tasks - use a wipe off marker & Viola! The key is to make it as simple as possible. Just do what you can fit in a day. If you don't get to it, skip it! When is House Beautiful showing up anyway :)

Great news, I was lucky enough to have a printer custom make this poster for me. It's hanging in my hallway out of site - but in my path. I spoke to the printer and they believe in our site. If you need one they have given us a really great rate to print and laminate them for you. I have finished them off with a velcro attached wipe off marker. You will be ready to get started as soon as you get it. All of the shipping in the Egg Store is back to $1.99 no matter how much you order.

Click here if you would like more information.

If you have any questions about my routines, please email me directly at amy@thehatchedegg.com . I am always happy to share.


Wishing you all the best,

Amy

Quote of the Day

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.Watch your words, for they become actions.Watch your actions, for they become habits.Watch your habits, for they become character.Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
- Unknown

0 Comments: