Monday, June 8, 2009

Great Peep Idea!

Great Peep Idea!




I received an email with a really great idea. I wanted to share this with you. Might be a helpful tool to add to your day.

Dear Amy,

I started something in my Healing Hour that I wanted to tell you about. I started writting down a list of constant gratitudes and a list of things that I want to keep in mind all day. I have found that this helps keep me focused and reduces some stress. I also made another copy to carry with me and I like to read it at lunch & bedtime too.

Here is what my list looks like.....

I am so grateful for:

Starting a new day
My family
The job I have
Healthy food in my kitchen
My health
The possiblity for change
My faith
New opprotunities coming my way

Things I promised myself:

I will speak my mind
I will find time for myself
I will eat as healthy as I can
I will not allow people to
guilt trip or abuse me
Find time to move my body more
Free my mind when possible
Have faith

Thanks for all that you do! I am making great progress in managing my anxiety. My family has even noticed the change, but I know this is a war I am battling on my own. But with your help I don't feel so alone. I am proud to be a peep!

Love,
Peep Lisa

I just think this could be a great tool. The more you repeat phrases the more your brain believes them. Add another section that says "I am strong, I am a relaxed person, I am healthy, I make sure to take care of myself". Repeat your list multiple times a day & you will see a big difference in your attitude pretty quickly. I think we all tried to whisper stuff to our siblings in their sleep to try and make them do as we wished. I know I did :) Now we just need to do a little Egg Washing on ourselves. Thanks Lisa for sharing your idea.

I am always here if you have any questions or need support. You can email me directly at amy@thehatchedegg.com

Wishing you all the best,
Amy

Quote of the Day


"God brings men into deep waters not to drown them, but to cleanse them."

~Aughey

0 Comments: