Monday, June 8, 2009

Let Go of the Fear!

If your are anything like me you have probably struggled with lots of fear in this journey. Fear like panic has a mind of it's own and the more you resist and run from it, the bigger it gets.

I know that you don't watch or read the news :) so you may have missed this interesting story this last week. Mark Malkoff is afraid of flying. To overcome this fear he is flying up to 12 flights per day for the next month in order to overcome this fear on AirTran Airlines. You can follow his progress on Twitter at http://twitter.com/mmalkoff


Now shock therapy is not always the best way to go about it. I do believe in confronting those fears, however I truly feel that when the time is right you will know. Although Mark seems to be having really great results. I can't wait to see how he does on this mission.

While struggling I had three pretty large fears - Staying at home by myself (afraid I would have a panic attack and die), Driving, and being within a large group of people. I found that as I healed myself I wanted to test the water and see how much I could handle. One day I had the desire to try the freeway. I got on the freeway that is close to my house and got off at the next exit. I practiced as I felt strong enough. Each time the exits were further away. One day I made it all the way downtown. About 20 miles from home. This was huge.

Same thing with my other fears. Soon as I was healing the fear didn't seem so strong. When you learn to turn off some of the noise then it's easy to work on the fear. You are no longer giving it any energy. There is not much resistance left.

You don't have to hop on that plane yet. Focus on healing your body and mind. The rest will begin to fall into place. Just remember it's not a race and we are right here with you!

I am always here if you have any questions or need support. You can email me directly at amy@thehatchedegg.com


Wishing you all the best,
Amy


Quote of the Day

"A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities."
~ William Arthur Ward

0 Comments: