Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tap Into Your Faith


No matter what you believe or follow you have to have some sort of faith. I truly believe that when you are going through these rough spots of life you really need to surround yourself with supportive people, and deepen your faith.At one point in my healing I was so alone. I felt no one had ever gone through what I had, felt as I did, or really would be able to help me. I did feel as if there was a trigger to make me feel better. I never realized that it was a whole flight of stairs.I often looked for that trigger - maybe this book, I'll paint the walls, quit my job, get new friends, stop seeing my friends, hide out, go to church. I had a long talk with my family and decided that we needed to start regularly attending a local church. I was sure that they would hit the trigger and I would be "all better". I do remember sitting in church the first six months just bawling. I am sure everyone thought I was nuts. I was just so weak. I do know that it instilled hope for me. Hope that I was not alone in my daily walk, and that it would all be okay.How is your faith? Do you think you could hand over your troubles to a higher power? Deepen your worship? Remember it's a staircase, small steps!!!

We are always here to offer support & friendship to you on your journey as well. Always feel free to email if you are in need of a shoulder to lean on. I just want you to know others have felt as you do & now are free! Dig deep, feel the hope inside.
All the best,
Amy
Quote of the Day

"When you have come to the edge Of all light that you know And are about to drop off into the darkness Of the unknown, Faith is knowing One of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly" - Patrick Overton

0 Comments: