Thursday, May 14, 2009

Overwhelmed? Be a List Maker!

Are you overwhelmed? Find yourself running in circles not knowing where to start, only to have it increase your stress, anxiety & depression?

Here is an Easy Fix & It Doesn't Cost a Dime! What could be better?

Become a list maker. Every morning as I check my email I sit and write a list for things that I need to accomplish that day. If I am feeling overwhelmed I might make it really detailed. Sometimes my list might even start the night before. When you write your list, make sure that it follows your day.

Now here is the trick, once the list is made I don't go over my list or look it over. I simply use it as a guide. I go down my list as I accomplish a task I mark it off and move on to the next one. Only focus on the task at hand. Don't look at the whole picture, stay on track.

My family will often ask about something that will happen later in the week. My reply is often "I'm not there yet". I have really gotten in the habit of "being in the moment". Looking ahead or back really messes me up.

Start a simple list, don't make it too complicated. You will quickly find what works for you. This is to help you from feeling overwhelmed, not to make it worse. Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.

Feel free to email me anytime & fill me in on how you are doing. I love hearing for you.

Happy list making,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"One of the secrets of getting more done is to make a TO DO List every day, keep it visible, and use it as a guide to action as you go through the day." - Jean de La Fontaine

0 Comments: