Friday, May 15, 2009

Learn to Roll with your Symptoms

This quote has filled my brain lately when I think of the anxiety I suffered for so long "What You Resist Persists" by Carl Jung. It's just a true statement.

It's almost as if the Anxiety and Panic feeds off of the tension, angst, frustration, sometimes terror. The more we fight or fear these feelings they grow.

One day I read an article that said while having a panic attack laugh at your symptoms. I thought that was the strangest thing I had ever heard, but at that point what did I have to lose. So my next panic attack I mocked my symptoms "That's the best you have....Oh that again". It really did help. The attack wasn't half as bad & I seemed to recover faster.

The next time you are wrapped in Pretzel Anxiety or suffering from a panic attack, repeat "What You Resist Persists" over and over again. Then laugh at the symptoms. See what happens. Let me know, I love to hear how these tools work for you.

We also have a download for panic attacks available on the site. It allows me to be there with you when you need me most.

I am always a click away, feel free to email me anytime & fill me in on how you are doing. I love hearing for you. Never feel like your question is too small.

Have a peaceful tomorrow,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort." Jesse Owens

0 Comments: