Monday, May 18, 2009

Be Grateful

Three years ago we lost four important family members within a year. All of them unexpected and very tough. I think it was a true test of my anxiety & stress management.

This week with the Farrah Fawcett story, it has brought a lot of those memories back. One of our family members that we lost was my StepMom who died of colon cancer six months after her diagnosis. She was 62. I had to help my father through her treatment knowing that it was not going to end well. Her battle was an eye opening experience for me. I was able to share with her my occurring recovery and she was so happy that I wanted to find a way to share it.

So today, take a breath and say "Thank You" for all of the issues in life that you are NOT dealing with. Most of us are very healthy, we just need to work on these few areas in our lives and we will go on to great things. Hug your family or drop a note to someone important in your life. Be excited about the path your on and what life has to show you.

I just want to share with you that you are so important to me. I am excited about your "hatching" & I am so honored that you let me share in the process. I look forward to the emails you send & love learning all about you.

Celebrate today & pray for those who are struggling with problems beyond their control.

All the best,
Amy

Quote of the Day
"Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more."
~ Brother David Steindl-Rast


0 Comments: