Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring is in the Air!


Spring is in the Air!



Tonight our Peep Giovanna sent a holiday note to me. A line in her message was "I hope that this spring time will be a time of renewal, regeneration and rebirth and great new beginnings for all."

That got me thinking. It's so true! Like the little eggs hatching so are we! Spring is a wonderful time, and what a better way to be excited about the season. It's time to spring into action and feel the optimism of a new journey. It's time to worry only about today and be excited about tomorrow.

I know maybe your not feeling up to it yet. My favorite saying is "Fake it until you make it!" Sometimes you just have to put that silly grin on when you feel miserable on the inside and it just might transform you over time.

As you might have heard I have a little boy & we started a trick a year ago when he throws a fit. I simply reach in my pocket and give him a smile. It is so funny & I get lots of strange looks, but it works everytime. My pocket is full of these invisible smiles and it changes his mood instantly. He may still have those big tears in his eyes, but his unhappy face now has a silly grin. Sometimes if he's not in the mood I leave the smile on the table for when he's ready. he loves to show me when he has put that smile on. He now carries a smile for me when I need one too. Do you need to carry a "smile" in your pocket. It's a funny thought to put these smiles on when you are really blue.

I was so excited this weekemd to see that another Peep John on our Spark Team posted on that forum that he is "hatching". This is all so exciting. I think I am more excited for you than anyone.

Start your New Beginning today! I am walking with you. I follow these same steps myself everyday, keeps me growing and happy.

I am always here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on or someone to celebrate with.

Wishing you a peaceful day,
Amy
Quote of the Day

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. " ~Anne Bradstreet

0 Comments: