Thursday, April 16, 2009

Clean Eating Check-In

In the month of April we are focusing on cleaning up our diet. You know my favorite phrase - Strong Body, Strong Mind! We have to heal our bodies from all of the stressful abuse & our minds will follow.

The challenge has been to replace one meal each week with a really healthy one. I like the 2/3 - 1/3 rule. 2/3 vegetables/fruit and 1/2 lean protein on your plate. Sometimes I add in a good complex carb (brown rice, whole grain bread). Drink lots of water.

Best rule of thumb at the grocery store is to stick to the outside of the store. Most of the processed foods live in the middle. I just wish coupons were geared to healthy eating.

I will admit I didn't do so well this weekend. With Easter - those Cadbury Eggs were calling my name. Today I feel sluggish & just out of sorts. Back to clean up my diet tomorrow, no biggie - just jumping back in.

Tonight I fixed a favorite side dish in my house, broiled tomatoes with cheese. They are yummy and easy! Who said healthy eating takes more work? You just have to be creative.

Broiled Tomatoes:
4-5 Roma tomatoes sliced in thin circles (not too thin or they fall apart.
8-10 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
Garlic Salt & Pepper

Place sliced tomatoes on a baking dish and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. I like to broil them for just a minute to soften them up. Add chopped basil and top with mozzarella cheese. Broil under high heat until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.

With the holiday behind us, it's time to kick the candy to the curb and get focused again. Don't worry I am right here with you! Just one meal this week, you can do that! You will start feeling so much better the more you change the way you eat. Remember this is an entire body transformation! You are going to be so excited about how great you feel!

I am always here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on, have questions or someone to celebrate with.

Wishing you a peaceful day,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"The wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings. Let food be your medicine." - Hippocrates

0 Comments: