Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Healing Hour


Last week we looked at our Nesting Habits. Did you make a plan for bedtime? Before long that will all become instinct and you will really need that Nesting time. It has made all the difference in the world to me.

Today I want you to think of another time in your day. This focus is on The Healing Hour.

The Healing Hour is one hour in your day when you do something that shifts your focus on your movement toward healing. The time I schedule this fluctuates everyday. You can make it at the same time or just choose a time that works for that day.

Here are a few ways to spend that time:
· Exercise
· Read a book or reputable website ( motivation, nutrition, stress management, exercise)
· Declutter your home & simplify your life
· Listen to a Podcast or Meditation Music
· Do something for yourself that helps relieve stress
· Practice your Hatching Techniques
· Journal

I know how busy life can be! Sometimes I wonder if I could fit one more thing in. Truth is you need this time & you can't feel guilty at all. It's just about planning your day the best you can before it starts. We all have surprises in our day, but make this time a priority. It's ok if you break this time down throughout your day too. Sometimes it really helps to just "go on break for a few minutes". Just try to make that time uninterrupted if possible.

Today my Healing Time was at the gym during lunch time. I have interval training on the elliptical & strength training with weights today. I will have my MP3 player loaded with my favorite music.

Just put this little thought in your mind & maybe you can find time tomorrow. Don't jam your day full of commitments, right now you need a little space and time to Heal. You are not good to anyone if you are not good to yourself first!

I am always here if you need me. Drop me a note anytime!

All the best,
Amy
Quote of the Day
"Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity."-- Hippocrates

0 Comments: