Friday, March 20, 2009

Who are you surrounded by?

Take a look around, who is around you? Who do you spend most of your time with? Are they positive, stress free?

A few years ago my husband and I were joking about some of our friends and I mentioned that "they weren't good garnish". If you have worked in the restaurant industry in your life you know that the most important part of the meal is the garnish. That little piece of parsley that really makes the dish look it's best. That's how I now look at the people around me.

I have had people in my life & actually I have just had to remove a few because they weren't good garnish. They didn't make me a better person, actually they were happiest when I was troubled or failing. Wilted parsley - gone.

Don't get me wrong, I am not shallow or quick to get rid of people in my life. If you know me I am actually the opposite. I usually walk around with people like these dragging me down. However, I finally realized that if I ever wanted a chance at healing - I needed to be around people who cared about me. People to make me shine.

Decide today that you deserve to be surround by strong happy people. Maybe even find someone that you admire & make them your mentor. It's your time to shine!

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy
amy@thehatchedegg.com

Quote of the Day

"People are like dirt. They can either nourish you and help you grow as a person or they can stunt your growth and make you wilt and die."
- Plato

0 Comments: