Thursday, March 19, 2009

Water is so important


How are we doing with our water?We should be drinking 1/2 an ounce for every pound we weigh. If you weigh 160 lbs. you should drink 80 oz. per day. I found the best thing is to carry a water bottle around with me all day. If I refill it I use a Sharpie to make a tick mark on the top so I can keep track of how many bottles I have had.

My mom loves to drink her morning juice in a frosted wine glass, maybe drink your water this way with lemon. If I drink it with a straw I can really blast through my water.

The benefits of drinking water are:
Healthy skin · Flushes the Toxins · Keeps you Regular · Regulate Body Temperature · Speed up Metabolism · Reduce Cancer Risk · Lube Joins and Muscles · Improves Energy · Increase Mental and Physical Performance · Keeps you more Alkaline

I have found if I don't drink enough water I bruise, am more anxious, tired, stressed, and have mild muscle spasms.

Drink a glass in the morning when you wake up to help flush the toxins from the night before and it also helps keep you from starting off your day dehydrated. When you are dehydrated blood is actually thicker and has a hard time circulating. This makes it harder for your brain to function properly. You cannot focus, you are fatigued, and worn out. Make sure you are not counting bottles of water with packages such as Crystal Light - these just add artifical sweeters/chemicals to your body & not the same as a large glass of water.

Our Spark Team is a great way to keep up with your water or write it down in the Daily Healing Journal. I personally use both systems.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy
amy@thehatchedegg.com

Quote of the Day

"Don't believe everything you hear-even in your own mind." - Daniel G. Amen, M.D.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

The information you've given about the importance of water is very factual. We must really take water or a supplement water every day to replenish us and to have a healthy skin too. Thank you again and I wish to read some more of your blogs.