Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Panic Monster - Paid Me A Visit!


This morning I was sitting at my desk listening to a story about an ill child. I think that I was not paying attention to my breathing & was so upset about this story. All of a sudden there was a tingle in my chest and I started to feel spaced out. Luckily, I have had this feeling before, and it was not going to take hold like it used to.

I quickly hopped into action and went to the kitchen. I grabbed a large glass of cold water & a piece of cheese. Then back to my office to find stuff to do that did not require me to sit down. Now one of the biggest tricks to recover is not to let fear enter. Now those thoughts try to, but you have to push them back out just as quickly as they enter.

..I am Ok
..I am not dying
..I am not going to loose control
..I am Ok

After a few minutes the heat on the back of my neck went away, I grabbed a piece of gum to keep my mind off the feelings.

Seems like something is going on in the air too. I have congestion way deep in my sinus cavity. So on my list for tonight is to use the Neti Pot. I should probably use it daily during allergy season as my Dr. suggested. I think the congestion is probably not allowing me to breathe as deep as I need to. Which adds to that lightheaded feeling.

Now a few hours later, I am all back to normal. I ate a healthy "big" salad with Chicken & LOTS of water. Supplements have been taken & I am working on my deep breathing.

See, it's all about learning to handle stress. My body still remembers the attack & can deal that way if needed. Only I have not had a full attack in 2 years. I now have the tools & the solution to make it all better. It's a life change, you don't want to go back once you find freedom.

All is well! Are you working on Hatching? It's so Eggciting to be in control & send that Panic Monster Packing!

Wishing you a peaceful day,
Amy
Quote of the Day
"Many of our fears are tissue paper thin, and a single courageous step would carry us clear through them."Brendan Francis

0 Comments: