Monday, March 23, 2009

How's Your Breathing?


How's Your Breathing...
It's So Important!


Have you been under lots of stress lately? Are you taking a time out to focus on your breathing? Most of the day breathing is something we do without even thinking about it. It's amazing how this simple movement can completely change how you are feeling.A few years ago I realized that I am a very shallow breather. In times of stress I often hold my breath. That really messes up your body function. You are not getting enough oxygen & enough carbon dioxide is not going out. This can cause fatigue and brain fog. Deep breathing from the belly can start the relaxation response that will fight anxiety, stress and depression.Deep belly breathing will move the oxygen through the blood & help the lymphatic system move the toxins out. If your lymphatic system is slow or sluggish it could cause weight gain, muscle loss, high blood pressure, fatigue, and inflammation.Make sure you are practicing your belly breathing technique. In through the nose very slow, all the way to the bottom of our stomach and out the mouth. It amazes me that after 10 of these breaths how much better I feel. I wonder what would happen if it was an all time habit?Check on yourself every so often. Maybe as you fall asleep tonight focus on it before you drift off, I will be.Watch your posture too. No slouching.

Sit up, deep breath in, deep breath out......

Wishing you the best,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"For breath is life, and if you breathe well you will live long on earth." Sanskrit Proverb

0 Comments: