Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Month is almost over...



How did you do with the Sugar Challenge?


The Sugar Challenge was our focus for the month of March, so how did you do?

I used to be a sugar junkie, so I know how hard it is to give up all of the yummy treats. I learned that if I wanted to feel better I was going to have to.

I did pretty good this month. I went 14 days with no sugar. Had a celebration piece of pie last weekend for my wedding anniversary & today I had a few girl scout cookies. Not too bad, but I have been working on being sugar free for a while. Don't beat yourself up if sugar was calling your name all month. You are a work in progress, you are still hatching.

Here are a few things to keep in mind about sugar:

·Vitamins and minerals can be stolen in attempt to process the sugar, depletion of your B Vitamins.

· Cause Weight Gain


· Give You Fluctuating Blood Sugar


· Increase Mood Changes


· Increase Nervousness


· Increase Loss of Concentration


· Increase PMS


· Suppress the Immune System


· Increase Anxiety & Depression Symptoms


·Make you more prone to panic attacks & increase them if you are already suffering


Next Month's Focus is Clean Eating.

With Spring Cleaning - toss out some of that processed food and try a new healthy dish each week. I'll share some of my favorites too. Remember, work in progress...no rush.This is a lifestyle change.

Keep me posted on how you are feeling. I love hearing from you!

*Make sure you have our weekly radio show on your calendar. Can't make it? Send any questions, comments or topics to me at amy@thehatchedegg.com - RADIO in the subject line.

Wishing you a peaceful day,
Amy
Quote of the Day

"Motivation is like food for the brain. You cannot get enough in one sitting. It needs continual and regular top ups." -Peter Davies

0 Comments: