Thursday, March 26, 2009

Musical Benefits

Have you ever noticed the changes that can be felt by the music you listen to? It's amazing how music can make me nervous or completely relaxed. I can even listen to a song from my childhood and be transported back to those feelings as a child.

Here is an interesting fact: Music can relieve stress, lower blood pressure, reduce anxiety and depression and promote a sense of well-being. It can even enhance performance by increasing levels of certain beneficial hormones.Pay attention to the music you encounter, and see how it makes you feel. Do you feel empowered, relaxed, happy? Or does it remind you of someone, bad childhood or make you nervous. Once you have identified the ones that truly make you happy, keep them close at hand. They can make you change the way you feel. Have you tried to listen to meditation CDs or New Age Music? Check out this site for free MP3 guided imagery. I have downloaded them to my MP3 and I am going to spend sometime listening to them tonight. This is a great time to practice breathing.

Keep me posted on how you are feeling. I love hearing from you!

*Make sure you have our weekly radio show on your calendar. Can't make it? Send any questions, comments or topics to me at amy@thehatchedegg.com - RADIO in the subject line.

Wishing you a peaceful day,
Amy


Quote of the Day

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." -Red Auerbach

0 Comments: