Sunday, January 4, 2009

Looking Toward the New Year!



8. Are You in the Moment?
Happy New Year!!! As we look at the new year we need to focus on a few things if we really want to heal this next year. Get ready to leave the panic and anxiety behind!
Don't get overwhelmed - Don't work on everything at once these are only things to keep in the back of your mind! One Step at a Time.

Live for Today?
Remember being a child? All you cared about was what was going to happen today. When did that all switch?

Along with Stress/Anxiety/ Panic and Depression the what ifs creep in. What if I loose my job, What if my spouse leaves me, What if I get sick? It seems to be a never ending cycle.

When was the last time you lived in the moment? During the height of my anxiety I was so consumed with what could happen that I missed out on a lot of precious moments. I didn't laugh, I wasn't any fun. I was truly consumed. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it.

Over the next few days write yourself a note, carry it in your wallet, put it on your desk, write it in your healing journal. "I am living for right now!" When those voices creep in "What if you loose your job?", "What if that Freckle is Skin Cancer?", "What's that pain?". Take a deep breath and tell yourself "I am ok today, I am ok right now". Don't worry about it until you have something to worry about!!!!

Learning to handle problems as they come is a hard thing to do. I always felt that if I made up all of these scarry thoughts in my head I would be prepared when something bad happened. How silly is that? But when a crisis happens, I am not prepared for it - but I can manage it.

Live like a child!!! Optimistic, With Laughter, With Peace!!!

Want to feel better? Commit to happiness & peace. Download the Daily Healing Journal in the Egg Printables to help you keep you on track.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy


Quote of the Day

"With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future.
I live now." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Want to See What I Have
Been Up To Today?

Check out my Daily Healing Journal On-Line. This will keep me accountable to YOU!
You can find it at www.eggdailyjournal.blogspot.com

Want to set up your own? Go to www.blogger.com to set-up your free account. Send the link to me & I would love to see what you are up too. If it's OK with you we can start a list of everyone's Daily Journal Pages. We can all keep tabs on each other!

1 Comment:

Sheryl said...

I want to thank you so much for your blog. Over the last 2 months I have had some events that have really brought me down and I am having a hard time bouncing back.

I have been reading your blog almost daily, but still haven't found the strength to pull myself up yet. I know at some point God will knock me in the head and get my attention.

In the mean time I will continue to look forward to future posts.

If you have the time I invite you to visit my blog. That is one thing I am still finding joy in.
weareneveralone-sheryl.blogspot.com