Friday, December 19, 2008

Why Don't They Understand

When you have anxiety, depression, panic your world becomes very small. There are times when that is all you can think about is surviving.

A very hard fact is many people around you might not understand what you are going through. I can't tell you how many "You just need a hot bath", "Try to relax", "Get over it, move on", "How about a drink" quotes I have heard. They all mean well, but it's kind of frustrating. I wish it was all that easy.

My dear husband use to go to bed in the middle of my panic attack. He wasn't being mean, he had no idea of what I was feeling or how to help me.

People look at you strange when you tell them that having a panic attack everyday is like dying everyday. How going through the day is painful, because you are so terrified on the inside.

I just want you to know that whatever it is you are going through you are among friends. I was so lost, sad & alone while I was finding my way out. I had a few supportive friends, but no one understood, and I was ashamed of the way I was feeling. I never want anyone to feel that way again.

If you have not come to the forum - come say hello, post a message to give support to another that is in such pain. Or maybe you are the one tonight in such need. I want you to break free! Just don't get upset with those around you, they simply don't have a clue.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy


Quote of the Day
"Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement - and we will make the goal."
~Jerome Fleishman

0 Comments: