Monday, December 22, 2008

The Power of Touch



For the last year I have had a lot of tension in my neck that ends up pulling on my face. It has really been a pain! A friend of mine suggested I go see her massage therapist - I was terrified.

I have always been a modest person & not knowing what to expect was almost worse than going to the doctor. But I was in such pain and discomfort that I was finally willing to give it a try.

This last month I have gone twice & I cannot tell you the difference. No pain in my neck or back & all the pains and twitches in my face have disappeared too. I am hooked! And I will only have to go once a month.

My therapist started me with a light program, knows about my anxiety and panic (I was afraid of having an attack). She is very kind and explains everything to me. It's really interesting.

Did you know the benefits of massage?

· Stimulates Lymph Flow - Enhancing Immunity.
· Reduces Spasms and Cramps.
· Relaxes Overused Muscles.
· Releases Endorphins.
· Can Lessen Depression and Anxiety.
· Increase Joint Flexibility.
· Ease Medication Dependence.
· Alleviate low-back pain.
· Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs,
improving circulation.
· Relieve migraine pain.

I believe it's a great way to pamper yourself & it does lots of good things on the inside. Just make sure you find someone good, that really knows about the human body & understands anxiety.

Here is a tip from my therapist for Dry Skin: Cold Pressed Olive Oil with about 8 drops of Lavender Essential Oil. She said it will cure the driest skin. It's on my shopping list - Can't wait to check it out!

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy


Quote of the Day
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa

0 Comments: