Sunday, December 28, 2008

Looking Toward the New Year!

2. Eat Healthy

As we look at the new year we need to focus on a few things if we really want to heal this next year. Get ready to leave the panic and anxiety behind!

What does your plate look like?
Take a look at your dinner or lunch plate today. What's on it? Sugar, Starch, & Chemicals?

I love the taste of treats, but they make me feel miserable. I know that if I eat sugar and starchy carbs I am not worth two cents to anyone. I feel run down and plain yucky. Have you ever thought of your body as a machine? That the food that you put in = what you get out of it.

Personally I like to stick with the lower carb diet. I choose to eat mostly veggies, small amount of protein, a salad at almost every meal & mixed with a little beans and some complex carbs. I try to stick to around 60-80 carbs a day. This plan makes me feel really good. Last year after changing to this diet I lost almost 50 pounds as a result. I wasn't trying to loose the weight I was more focused on my mental state, but it's a great benefit.

On Saturday night my family has a cheat meal, we can have whatever we want for that meal. It really makes eating the junk taste even better! And then I don't seem to want it for the rest of the week, really is a meal to look forward to & it's fun to plan.

I don't know exactly why this plan works so well, but I eat small meals every 2-3 hours. I don't have those sugar and carb comas anymore, however I do seemed more focused, have less congestion, and feel more energetic.

If you are interested in trying low carb, please make sure it is OK with your Dr. I want you healthy! If you have questions feel free to email me or a great low carb site is Livin' La Vida Low-Carb it's run by a great guy named Jimmy Moore & he has learned from personal experience too. His blog is a great read!

Want to feel better? Commit to fueling your body. Download the Daily Healing Journal in the Egg Printables to help you keep you on track.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,

Amy





Quote of the Day
"A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools."- Spanish Proverb

1 Comment:

Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for the mention, Amy! :)