Sunday, December 7, 2008

Guest Blog for the Hatched Egg...

The power of having a best friend!

I am excited to have the opportunity to be a guest blogger for www.thehatchedegg.com. I have wanted to do this for a while mainly because I would like you all to know a little more about our moderator Amy.

Amy is my best friend and I truly mean that, she is my BEST friend. I don't say that lightly either. I am a very social person and have many acquaintances. However, I tend to shy away from close-knit relationships with women. I think it stems from some traumatic experiences in high school with some mean girls. When I met Amy in 2003 though, I knew she was different. Different in a good way, mind you. I immediately noticed her creativity. She wasn't afraid to take risks. She is an artist at heart. What I admire about Amy is that she encourages her children to be creative. Her daughter is especially creative and amazes me with her artwork.

Amy & I started to email back and forth with each other. She's got a fabulous sense of humor and the kindest heart ever. There's isn't enough room to name off the things that she has selflessly done for me and never expected anything in return. She is a beautiful person inside and out!

I met Amy right during a rough period in her life in 2003. I didn't really know that she had panic attacks or anxiety. I didn't know what panic attacks or anxiey attacks were like. I've had plenty of depression issues, especially postpartum depression. Amy did her best to always be a positive force in my life. It was a few years until I realized how severe her panic & anxiety attacks were for her. She seemed to always have it together. To tell you the truth, it was kind of a relief for me when I realized that she wasn't perfect and that she didn't have the perfect life. But she loved me for ME and accepted me with all my imperfections unconditionally.

So my sweet hatchedeggmember, thank you for joining an incredible message board. I am so glad that you also will have the opportunity to get to know Amy. She will cry with you when you are sad, she will hold your hand when you need it, she will laugh with you, she will comfort you. Most of all, she will show you a better way to deal with panic & anxiety attacks. As my favorite Ralph Waldo Emerson poem says "To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded!" That, fellow hatchedegg friends, describes my best friend Amy perfectly!

-Daniela

Amy here: I feel so honored to have Daniela write tonight's blog. I was thinking that we should all have our friends and family tell us how they feel. Send a note to a friend today & let them know how special they are.


Quote of the Day

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
Albert Camus

1 Comment:

CoadyTNP said...

Good friends are so important for stability.

Take care.