Saturday, December 6, 2008

Are you getting enough?



Now is the time of sugar cookies, egg nog and pie. We are just filling up on those goodies at every turn, but are you moving enough?

Studies show that exercise will help reduce the symptoms of anxiety, stress and depression. Make sure that you are setting time everyday or every few days for an exercise routine.

I find that when I have committed myself to my fitness schedule I look forward to it. It also helps to keep me on track with the way I feel physically as well as mentally. I know that exercise really doesn't sound that fun, but what if mentally you could be less anxious or less depressed...wouldn't that be worth it?

With the stress of shopping and family make sure you look at your calendar this week and mark the days when you can fit in some exercise. Even if it's a lap or two around the mall at a quick pace. It all benefits us in the end.

Follow me on Twitter.com this week and we can help to make each other accountable. http://twitter.com/thehatchedegg

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy



Quote of the Day

"Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's
physical, emotional, and mental states."
Carol Welch


Are you a member of the Yahoo Group?


Click to join thehatchedegggroup

Click to join thehatchedegggroup

0 Comments: