Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When Did I Stop Living for Today?

When did I stop living for today?

As I was driving home tonight thoughts of riding in the car with my parents popped into my head. Maybe it's the cool weather reminding me of being a child.

I was thinking about how we are when we are children, only worried about our wants and needs for the immendiate moment. We were not worried about what would happen to us next week or where we would be in one year.

I think it was about the time I had my children that I began to worry more about tomorrow than today. Why is that? I know that I can't do anything about tomorrow, and I am not experiencing everything today has to offer because I am so distracted.

I am ready try to focus on the moment a little more. I know this is going to take lots of practice. But I'm curious about how it might change my perspective. Do you think about today or are you focused on tomorrow? Give it a try and see what you come up with.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"With the past, I have nothing to do;
nor with the future. I live now."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

0 Comments: