Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Wahoo! Moment for the Day

I live in Houston, Texas - a city with lots of freeways. For the last 6 years or so I have found every side road that exist that can get me where I am going. My husband rolls his eyes, because a 20 minute drive takes me an hour and a half. I have been terrified of freeways.

For the last year I have practiced every now and then getting on & right back off. White knuckled the entire time. It's not very fun.

Today my daughter had a field trip downtown and I had 45 minutes to drop her at school for the bus & meet them downtown. I didn't have a choice, I had to take the freeway. I jumped on with no problem & the traffic was moving, but this time it didn't seem so scarry. I was not in a panic! I had my GPS and I actually enjoyed my drive. I was able to listen to music and enjoy the beautiful weather.

It's the little things that make me so happy! It's always a great feeling to see how far I have come. What doesn't kill us - makes us stronger!
Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy

***I am looking for guests writers for the nightly message. I want to make this site about our community. We would love to hear what you are thinking about. We also have a few guest speakers coming soon. If you would like to be the featured writer of the night, please send an email with "Guest Writer" in the subject to amy@thehatchedegg.com.


Quote of the Day
"In times of stress, be bold and valiant"
Horace

2 Comments:

Patrice, RN, BSN said...

W O W S E R - I am so proud of you!
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! xoxo pdm

GreenPunkMama said...

Congrats! High ways have scared me since I started driving 8 years ago. Getting a GPS has really helped, I still get nervous about trucks but for some reason my GPS no matter where I'm going eases my nerves.