Friday, November 14, 2008

It's a Choice!

I have to tell you about a friend of mine. Her husband passed away suddenly in their home back in July of this year. We were all just devestated by the news. I went to the funeral and squeezed her tight telling her that we would all be there to support her anyway we could. I should say they were married for 26 years.

The other day I saw her and she came bouncing up and gave me a big hug and had a huge grin on her face. The few times I had run into her before it was the same thing. For a while I thought she was just putting on a brave face.

When I saw her this week I told her that she was my hero because she was making plans for her life, doing some things that made her happy, and just getting out of bed. Her response to me was "Every morning I have the choice to stay in bed and be sad or get out there and enjoy the rest of my life". That has really stuck with me all week.

What if every morning as soon as we open our eyes we smile and take a deep breath and make a choice to be happy. Fake the smile if you have too. I am choosing to enjoy my life. It all starts with a choice. Let me know if you try it and how it is working for you.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy


Quote of the Day
"It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing
that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about."
Dale Carnegie

0 Comments: