Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Feeling Disconnected?



Have you ever started taking with someone and you feel as if you have been removed from the situation? Sometimes I felt as if I was looking through really foggy glasses.

Did you know that there is a real reason for it? When stress chemicals build up in your body you are at an unbalanced point - causing that fuzzy. lost feeling. This buildup causes the delay in transfer of information between neurotransmitter points within your body. When the stress subsides the chemicals will return to a normal point and so will you.

If this happened to me a few years ago I would tense up and start the vicious string of worries - ending up in a full blown panic attack. Best thing to do is remain calm and tell yourself that you are over stressed.

Try a few simple tricks to bring yourself back to normal without alarming everyone around you. I love to use sented lotion on my hands, or a few simple shrugs with your shoulders can help release the tension. This might be a great time to get up and moving. When I would feel the anxiety at a high point this is when I got up to do the laundry or dishes. These two chores seem to help divert disaster.

Stop by the forum and let us know how you change your focus.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy


Quote of the Day

"The source of anxiety lies in the future.
If you can keep the future out of mind, you can forget your worries."
Milan Kundera

0 Comments: