Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You Can't Unscramble Eggs


One day I heard a speach about letting go of the past, and it really struck a cord with me. It was titled "You Can't Unscramble Eggs". I had never thought of my past in those terms, because I spent to much time wishing I had done things in my life differently.

After hearing this speech, I printed out those words and placed them in my wallet and on the mirror in my bathroom. It was a daily reminder that I couldn't go back and make changes and that in the future I would not place myself in a position that I would later regret.

I have to say after awhile it was a real relief that I could start to let those feelings go. I could not put blame any longer on anyone but me.

Are you trying to unscramble eggs? Think about this phrase once a day and see what it does for you.


Quote of the Day

"What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now." unknown

0 Comments: