Monday, October 13, 2008

Exercise Really Does Help


I was always the one in school that "walked" the track when everyone was suppose to run. I was not about to feel bad for the rest of the day. Little did I know that later in life being fit would help save my life.

Upon deciding that I was going to find a way out of the extreme anxiety & panic that I was suffering from - I was willing to try anything. A doctor mentioned to me that if I wanted a chance at recovery I needed to live like a healthy person and I needed to join a gym within the week. I had never been near a gym, I was terrified. I took her advice and joined that Saturday. I joined a yoga class and started on the treadmill. I soon found that this was "me time". No dishes, no office work, no husband, no kids. I was suppose to focus on me, something I had never done.

Funny thing is I actually started feeling lots better. I had more energy, I was sleeping better & the quiet time was awesome. I had more time to focus on my goals of feeling normal.

If you are looking for a program to start with, Jonathan Roche at www.momentumfs.com has a great 6 minute No-Excuses Workout you can download for free - No Excuses! I personally switched my routine this week to his No Excuses Workout System. I can't wait to get started!

Don't be afraid, you a lot stronger than you think you are. Start small & set a goal. Then celebrate how you feel!

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy




Quote of the Day


"Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states." Carol Welch

0 Comments: