Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sometimes you just have to laugh!




As I started to heal from the anxiety or at the time it might have been coping, I became very sensitive within my body. It seemed like every little twitch could be something really bad. That is the time of my life that I became obsessed with looking up illnesses on the Internet.

One day I was having problems with my left arm. There was a dull pain on my forearm. I was wondering what was wrong with it, I was sure it was not a good sign. Later I was starting to really inspect my arm looking for something terrible. Then I spotted it....it was a long hair that had landed on my arm and was held snug against my arm. I pulled it off & then pain was gone. All I could do was laugh.

How could something so small cause such pain? I think as we become increasingly aware of everything around us and dealing with such high stress & anxiety, anything can really throw us off.

Do you have a funny story about being hypersensitive? I would love to hear it. I have posted a message in the forum, come add your story.

Take a deep breath and know you will be OK. And please stay away form the Internet doctor, all he has is bad news.



Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy





Quote of the Day


"A bodily disease which we look upon as whole and entire within itself, may, after all, be but a symptom of some ailment in the spiritual part. "
Nathaniel Hawthorne

0 Comments: