Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No News is Good News




In this information age we are bombarded by the daily news. Whether it's a drunken celebrity, global warming or a drug bust it just seems all around us.

It took a hard look at my daily life to realize that I had to be cautious but not on the look out for a careening car, kidnapper, or runaway train. A 30 minute segment on the nightly news will have you thinking that these are all around you. Not to mention the hottest new disease, which by the way you have all the symptoms. Add an hour of CSI and that sounds like a panic attack just lurking in the wings.

Now maybe your thinking that you can handle all of this information streaming at you 24/7. I personally just can't handle it. It really messes with my head.

I have found the best way to combat all the information is I give myself 2 minutes to read the headlines on CNN a day. I don't open sad stories or really gross ones. If I need to know world events I only allow myself to skim the article. No sad You Tube videos about illness, or disaster stories. I like to find a website that will inspire happy, creative thoughts.

Take a break, turn on a classic TV show & laugh for a half hour. You'll feel so much better.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy

Quote of the Day
"We live in the midst of alarms; anxiety beclouds the future; we expect some new disaster with each newspaper we read."
Abraham Lincoln

0 Comments: