Sunday, September 28, 2008

Find a Good Support System


It is so important to have a positive person in your corner. It was really a big help for me to have people in my life that I could call when I felt as if I was in crisis.

During a full blown panic attack you feel as if you are dying and the last thing I wanted was to be alone. For me my panic attacks happened late at night. I knew as soon as they started I could call my friends and they would reassure me that I was ok & help keep my mind off of dying.

I don't care how many attacks you have been through the current one always seems to be the worst.

Find a friend who is compassionate, patient & loving. It might be a friend, your parents, or a coworker. If you know you have that team beside you it will make your recovery that much faster.

Need to be in touch with people that know what you are feeling? Visit our forum today & post a note introducing yourself. We look forward to hearing from you.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy =)
Quote of the Day
"Deep listening is miraculous for both listener and speaker. When someone receives us with open-hearted, non-judging, intensely interested listening, our spirits expand." Sue Patton Thoele

0 Comments: