Friday, May 8, 2009

Slow Down and Focus

Tonight I had to run into the grocery store on my way home. As I was walking into the store I noticed I was in a sprint with myself. I wasn't in a hurry. As I thought about it I realized for the past 10 years or so I have been set at one speed - non-stop!

Thinking back I have had a hard time focusing on my surroundings or even taking the time to enjoy. I often had problems playing simple board games with my kids because the voices in my head were so loud I often couldn't sit still.

So tonight as I walked in the store I made a conscious effort to move my pace to a stroll through the store. I have to say it was kind of nice to observe the people around me and the items the store had to offer. When I left I was not behind and my heart was not racing along with me.

As we fight through this journey don't forget to find little opportunities to stop and smell the roses along the way. We really don't want to miss any of them.

Wishing you a peaceful and slower tomorrow!

I am always here if you have questions or comments.

All the best,
Amy

Quote of the Day

Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast -
you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor

0 Comments: