Monday, April 6, 2009

Steps to Freedom: Time to Send Those What-Ifs Packing!


This week we are looking at the Steps to Freedom. Don't get overwhelmed. Follow The Daily Healing Journal and it will all be done for you.



The first few steps are all about healing your body. If your body is not strong, how can you expect your mind to be? It all works together. Remember this is all about getting you in the best shape physically & mentally. The more you put in, the more you get out.


What-Ifs





Do you spend most of your day thinking of What-Ifs? Did you know that the average person has 60,000 thoughts per day. If you are like me I think 59,999 were stressful thoughts. I can remember someone telling me I needed to quiet my mind. I was so confused because I couldn't even imagine what a silent mind was like. Seemed like there were thoughts coming in faster than I could even process.

Let me tell you that it takes some work but you can actually enjoy music and just "be". I would forget everything & I couldn't focus at all. That's not the case anymore.

I choose a phrase that would terminate those thoughts and teach my mind to be still. My phrase was "I am no longer afraid, you have no power here." Then I would imagine a big hand pushing those thoughts out the other side. Now at first it was a constant battle. I would also write out the thought on a piece of paper and then answer why it was not relative. Almost like my own mini-therapy. Just make sure you don't do this in the evening or it might wrap you in knots thinking about all of those negative thoughts. Before long that list will get smaller and smaller everyday.

May sound a little kooky, but it worked. I am able to sit now with a quiet mind with out thinking those nasty thoughts.

What if I have an illness
What if I loose control
What if I can't handle bad news
What if something happens to my family
What if I loose my job
What if I don't have enough money
What if someone hurts me.....
The list could go on forever, they got really weird and strange at times too. It didn't matter what it was, if I could worry about something - I would for a long time until I was wrapped in a knot.

Make sure you are not watching the news, listening to sad stories, watching negative TV, or visiting Medical Websites. This only gives you something to worry about.

Time to take control & send the What-Ifs Packing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------Have you printed out the sheets for the daily healing journal? Find a great binder, one from the Garage is fine. Dust it off & let's get started. I am right here with you! Don't worry.

1st page of your Binder should be The Contract for Freedom. Have you signed one yet? You can find that one here.
Here is the link for the Healing Journal. Don't want to waste ink & paper? We have them bundled up for you in the Egg Shop & they are ready to ship to you today. Each book contains 31 sheets for the month.

Make sure to read Your Daily Egg each night this week as we look at the Steps to Freedom.

Keep me posted on how you are feeling or if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!


Wishing you a peaceful day,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live." -Dorothy Thompson



0 Comments: