Thursday, April 30, 2009

See the Future

I know things are dark, you might feel unmotivated and having a hard time getting excited about the future. I remember thinking that I wasn't interested in anything & I kind of felt like a bump on a log. Here's a tool that can make a big difference.

Visualization is all the rage right now, but it's actually been around for centuries. Some of the most successful people in history have used it. Thanks to The Secret, it is now a daily word.

For me it started out as a challenge, but actually turned into a fun project. What did I want from the future? At the darkest point in time I felt there was no future, only tension and feeling like no one else. If you are feeling this way, this activity is definitely for you!

Remember the fun of cutting and pasting from Kindergarten? We are going back. Grab those old magazines, a piece of paper, corkboard, or cardstock and get ready.

First step is to look through those old magazines and find images or words of things you wish you had in your life.
* Business person
* Fit/healthy person
* Smiling person
* Happy Family
* A Mate
* Money for financial security
* A home

Now take your time and trim each one out. Glue or tack it to your vision board. You can keep this in a binder, I have mine posted on the wall next to my bed. I like to stare at it sometimes if I am having a hard time sleeping. Final step is to look at it a few minutes a day. When you do I want you to feel gratitude for each item like you already have it. "Thank you for my new job, thank you for my happiness, thank you for my peace, thank you for peaceful sleep.... What ever you have posted. really feel it! Make sure you do this first thing in the morning and before you go to bed. It's amazing! You will start to see new things come into your life.

Now remember, don't listen to anyone else & you don't have to share your healing with anyone. They all seem to have their opinion, but they haven't been through what you have. Only you know what's right for you.

Ok, it's craft time! Get going!!!

I love to hear from you! Feel free to email me anytime if you need me.

All the best,
Amy


Quote of the Day

"Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe." Gail Devers

1 Comment:

off a dirt road said...

I have read The Secret & loved it. I have talked about the vision board several times with my friends and hubby as of recent & have things I've cut out over the years in my control journal. My next project is to do just as you have suggested put it onto a board so I can visualize what I want. My mantra since reading The Secret has been "Happy, Healthy, Wealthy." And as Marla "the Flylady" says, Flying is Finally Loving Yourself. Between following Flylady for 7 years and reading The Secret & I am learning to not beat myself up.

Always on the look out for the bright side. It makes things much easier :)

Anyway, I'm glad that you shared this with us :)