Friday, April 24, 2009

A journal can be your best friend!

Have lots of thoughts running through your head everyday? Well of course you do, it's stress, depression & anxiety, right?

Getting rid of the negative self talk is one of the biggest challenges. I remember a time that they dumped in my mind even faster than I could register. I could hardly have a normal thought because these negative was taking over my life.

One way I found to release some of those thoughts was to journal. I carried a journal with me all the time so that when I was overwhelmed with thoughts I could right them out. Really helped get them out of my mind and on to paper. Seemed like I could kind of work the problem out better and it didn't seem so scarry if it was written on paper. It also gave me the chance to go back everyday and review what my scarry thoughts were days or weeks before. Then I could see a pattern that things really didn't go as bad as I thought they would in my head. You know 90% of things we worry about never happen. One more time, repeat after me....90% NEVER happen!!!

If you were to open my purse today you would still find My Healing Journal, My Journal for thoughts, My to-do list to keep me on track. These are the tools that helped with my healing. I will continue to do them, insurance that I will never return to that dark place in my life.

So your mission today is to find a journal to carry with you. Don't forget your pen. :)
It does not have to be anything fancy or expensive. Even a folded piece of paper would work.

Look though our site, there is lots of great tips. We are all on the right path to feeling great.I am always here if you need me. Drop me a note anytime! All the best,
Amy


***Missed The Daily Egg? You can always go back and read past messages. You can also leave a comment about today's message there too!
http://thehatchedegg.blogspot.com/


Quote of the Day
The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium. ~Norbet Platt

0 Comments: