Thursday, April 23, 2009

Are you Nesting?


Nesting



Do you have a bedtime ritual that you do every night in order to wind down? This is what we call Nesting. This is the time of the evening that is so important to the way you will sleep.

Over the last few years I have developed a routine I do every night, no matter what time I go to bed. I have found that knowing what my evening is going to consists of gives me great peace. I also don't get that dreaded worry about panic attacks at night anymore. Every night is the same & last night I was OK.


"My Nesting Time" usually starts an hour before bed.


· I make sure everything is prepared for tomorrow.

· My list is started for the next day & on my desk waiting to help me through my day.

· My room is clean and clutter free. Clutter makes me nervous when I try to sleep. I seem to think about everything I should be doing.

· I like to take a warm shower and I use lavender lotion after I get out.

· Cozy jammies are a must & clean sheets.

· I never read or watch anything that is going to give me problems through the night. No Cops, medical programs, or the news. Truthfully I never watch those. No true crime books at bedtime either.

· I like to read a devotional page, write in my journal & focus on my visions for how I want my day tomorrow to go. Make sure you are not addressing worries before bed, no balancing the budget either. No worries at bedtime.

· Sometimes if the voices in my head are too loud, a tape of the ocean, a meditation, or I like to watch TV on captions. The captions force my brain to work and the voices have no time to come in. Before I know it I am fast asleep. Thank goodness for my TV timer.

· If you are going to sleep in a dark quiet room this is a great time to work on those deep breaths all the way to your belly.

· I also keep a glass of water by the bed. If I start getting that nervous feeling - a large drink of water seems to help.

What works for you? Come by the forum and give us some ideas. It might really help another Peep have a great night's sleep.

I am always here if you need me. Drop me a note anytime!

Happy Nesting,
Amy


Quote of the Day

"A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book." ~Irish Proverb

0 Comments: