Monday, March 2, 2009

One Step at a Time

Today I received a call from a good friend of mine, she felt as if she was falling apart. She remembered what I had gone through a few years ago & called for my advice.

She started by telling me everything that was going on in her life & that she did not feel like she wanted to turn to medicine. She was ready to get rid of the anxiety she was feeling. Crying all the time, feeling like she was loosing control & not sleeping....it was enough.

I was so thankful that she thought enough of me to call and seek my advice. First thought that came to mind was that she was talking about everything that was going on. My answer to this is to Make a List. I start everyday with a list, it keeps me grounded. I have a chart that has my daily routines that I can check off. Then there is a daily list of the unusual tasks that I have for that day. Sometimes I have a list for big problems and the steps needed to "fix" it. I know it probably sounds like a lot of work, but it really keeps you from freaking out. They laughed at me at work today, because I made a list of my daily tasks. Again, keeps me from becoming overwhelmed.

When you are facing lots of problems it's best to list them all out on paper - this is a great brain dump. Get's it out of your mind and into the world. I list them by importance & promise myself I will not look at the next one until the task at hand is completed - no skipping ahead.

The other day my husband asked me about Easter plans, he looked confused when I told him I wasn't there yet. Truth is I have a few other issues on my list before Easter & haven't even thought about it.

Are you feeling overwhelmed? Don't know where to start? Decided today that you are a list maker. Wake up in the morning with me and look over your list for the day. After I check emails that is the first thing I do, make sure it is in my bag for the day & ready to go.

I am always available if you ever have questions, suggestions or need a shoulder. Have a great tomorrow!

Wishing you all the best,
Amy

amy@thehatchedegg.com


Quote of the Day

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. "
- Dr. Napoleon Hill

0 Comments: