Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Are you eating to heal your body?






This week we are looking at the Steps to Freedom. Don't get overwhelmed. Follow The Daily Healing Journal and it will all be done for you.

The first few steps are all about healing your body. If your body is not strong, how can you expect your mind to be? It all works together. Remember this is all about getting you in the best shape physically & mentally. The more you put in, the more you get out.

Eating Clean - Feeding our Mind & Body
The month of April we are focusing on Clean Eating. Our diet is also a big part in healing our bodies & giving much needed support to our brains.When was the last time that you considered the food you ate & the reaction it could have on how you feel? We all think about having too much sugar or caffeine, the effects can be felt almost immediately. But have you thought about the way the food could affect your mood too.

A few years ago I switched my thoughts to feeding my body rather than stuffing my face. The healing journal was a big help with that. It keeps me accountable & I can also see how different foods are making me feel.


In my daily diet, I don't count calories. I choose to load my plate first with lots of veggies and salad, and a third of my plate will have lean protein. I try to watch carbs that are not beneficial and replace them with complex carbs such as brown rice, whole grain bread, fruit & vegetables.
I know I love bread and potatoes as much as anyone, and I was a sugar addict too. But it wasn't working for me and I felt terrible. Feeling better, sleeping better, and no panic was worth giving it all up to me.Eating healthy is not always the cheapest way to shop, manufacturers don't often print coupons for romaine lettuce. I have found that I have not been sick in a long time & my last doctor visit was last spring for a physical. My physical and mental health have benefitted from it.


So today's challenge is to look at your diet. Where could you make some improvements? Can you replace one meal this week with 2/3 veggies & salad, 1/3 lean protein? Eat off of a salad plate rather than the giant dinner plate? Skip Taco Bell & order a "big" Salad?


Want to know what I am eating today? You can follow me on my Spark Page. It shows my food & exercise. Remember I don't count calories, so I don't always enter the calorie portion. It's all about feeding my brain & body what it needs to be strong.You can do this! Treat yourself once a week to a dessert or yummy junk meal - but just one! Keep track of your moods & food in the daily healing journal. In a short amount of time you will be amazed at how great you feel. Oh, and weight loss is a bonus too.


Make sure you have printed out the sheets for the daily healing journal. Enough for a few days to start. Find a great binder, one from the Garage is fine. Dust it off & let's get started. I am right here with you! Don't worry.

1st page of your Binder should be The Contract for Freedom. Have you signed one yet? You can find that one here.

Here is the link for the Healing Journal. Don't want to waste ink & paper? We have them bundled up for you in the Egg Shop & they are ready to ship to you today. Each book contains 31 sheets for the month.

Make sure to read Your Daily Egg each night this week as we look at the Steps to Freedom.

Keep me posted on how you are feeling or if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!

Wishing you a peaceful day,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are." -Adelle Davis

0 Comments: