Sunday, March 15, 2009

Always be Ready for "Plan B"

I have become so used to being on routines that I seemed to forget about preparing for "Plan B".

This last weekend was the launch of our Hatched Egg Live. I thought about it all week & made notes of things I wanted to talk about. I was so excited. I made sure I was home in plenty of time. I got my little area all ready - tea, laptop, phone charged - planned for everything that could go wrong. So I thought.

I logged in at 2:15 to open our chat room & call in. My laptop wireless would not work! I think at that point I really started to panic, my poor husband just stood back. I am usually pretty calm, but that overdrive in my personality started to come out. My kids were home, dogs - I couldn't go to my desktop in the family area. Finally I had to shoo them all in the bedroom to watch a movie & I slid in at the last minute to call in. Luckily I was on in time. However, I was out of breath and scattered. Great way to start your first show. Great for a girl with anxious and panic tendencies.

So the show started & all was Ok, except I had my list that was suppose to last an hour and lasted about six minutes - I couldn't focus. Then the unthinkable happened, I was disconnected. I still think maybe I was rattled and I hit the hang-up. I will admit for 1 second I panicked & thought about not calling back in. But I did & I got a great call from Natalie. It turned out fine. I have to start somewhere and I am not there as an expert, just a friend that knows how you are feeling. I want to be able to offer support in person too.

So for all of you that tuned in, thanks. I look forward to living outside of my box and connecting with you every week. Just know I am as anxious on the inside at times too. It's just how we choose to handle it.

Try something out of the box where plans could change. I think it's a great test to our healing. It's a life-long process.

If you would like to download this week's show
the link is: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/stations/flylady/thehatchedegg/2009/03/14/The-Hatched-Egg

I look forward to the growth and development of our program. Thank for all of the support you send to me daily as well. You are such a big part of my life & your health and happiness is so important to me.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"Those at the top of the mountain didn't fall there." -- Marcus Washling

2 Comments:

Natalie C. said...

I'm so glad that you chose to have a radio show. With Flylady and Jonathan Roche, it was a HUGE step in my being able to understand their programs better when I could hear their voices giving people advice & I often got a lot of my questions answered that way & just delightful to start understanding their personalities, etc.

Like you said on the show, you begin in these online helping communities to feel like you know people & have friends, even though you've never met! And hopefully someday we will meet at a FLY fest or something! :)

But thank you for not giving up because I believe in your cause so much! :)

Good job, Amy!
XO, Natalie

The Hatched Egg said...

Thanks Natalie! I enjoyed talking to you so much.

I am so excited about the growth of our group - there are so many people in need. And it amazes me that there are things you can do to "fix" a lot of it. Only most people don't tell you & you really only find the tricks when you have been through the fire.

My dream is someday we will have our own fest. My husband likes to call it the Egg Scramble. I think that's funny, but it's a great dream. Lots of Hatched Eggs celebrating!

Remember Natalie, take time out for you before bed. Happy thoughts.

Thanks for all of your support!

All the best,
Amy