Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Picture This

Do you have an idea of how you would like to live your life? Feel a little envious when you see people going through their days with no worries?

I remember having jealous feelings of people who could plan a vacation, or take a risk, or just go to the store without a worry. They had no idea the turmoil I had going on inside. Just traveling across town was a major ordeal for me.

Something that really helped me with my outlook was making a plan of where I wanted to be. I set goals of small things I wanted to achieve. I created a vision board for myself by cutting images out of a magazine and taping them on a sheet of paper. I placed this right beside my bed so that in the morning it was the first thing I looked at and one of the last things before I closed my eyes. Many nights when I couldn't sleep I would play a movie in my head of my life when I was anxiety free. At that point I had decided that it was all a matter of when, not if. I was determined to live a free life.

My board consisted of a giant smile, a fit woman, happy family, happy driver, money (for a job), and what ever I needed to focus on at that time. As I acheived a goal a new image would appear. I would actually see myself in these images.

I still practice this method everyday. It really helps you become optimistic. At that time in my life, I didn't see a future a head of me at all...only darkness.

This project doesn't have to cost you a dime & can really help a lot. Grab some magazines and have fun with a little cut and paste.

Let me know what's on your vision board.

Wishing you all the best,
Amy


Quote of the Day


"Play the picture in your mind - focus on the end result." Rhonda Byrne - (The Secret)

0 Comments: