Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Change is Amazing!

I admit it I don't stit still very well. Ever since the Anxiety & Panic took hold of me I have been a busy girl. Seemed to help me keep the anxiety at bay. Now that I am better it's just a habit that stuck. My family and friends think it's kinda funny, I am years behind on movies.

Yesterday my family was recovering from a week of feeling pretty yucky. The house was quiet and I decided to just relax and check out what was on TV. There was not much on TV, but I came across a World War II movie called U-571. Not that this movie is of any importance, except I have not watched any movies with the slightest vilolence for over five years. It would have been an instant panic attack, not to mention on my mind for days.

My husband walked by the beadroom and stopped in his tracks. I think he peeked in to see if I was asleep. He said "What are you watching"? I said "Oh, U-571 it's about WWII". His reply was " Yeah, I know - it's been a long time since you watched something like that". I sat and thought about it. I was really enjoying this movie & was calm as could be. What an achievement!

My point to this story is that if you are stuggling as bad as I was - it can change! I gave up all medical shows, all law shows, all magazine shows, and the news. They freaked me out & no one understood. I was just different, and I missed a lot of fun.

If you are discouraged, don't be. It's all about taking your time, baby steps, and pushing your comfort zone when you feel better. Don't rush it or you will end up taking steps backward.

Tonight I will be making this in my journal as a big step for me. Yippeee!

I'm here to celebrate your small achievements too! Make sure you email me or post them in our forum.


Wishing you a happy tomorrow,
Amy






Quote of the Day
"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it"
Mary Engelbreit

0 Comments: