Friday, February 6, 2009

Are You Getting Enough Sleep

Unless you still live with your mom, chances are you are not asked that question much. With stress, anxiety and families sometimes it's hard to get a good night's sleep.

Working towards getting a full eights hours of sleep can be a difficult task. If your day is like mine it's full of more to-dos than time will allow. I have thought about all the things I could do if I didn't have to sleep. I would hate to think of what shape I would be in.

A few years ago it was another story. I tried everything to get to sleep, but that was my hardest time of the night. I could feel the fear creep in as the sun went down. Most of my panic attacks happened around 11pm at night. It took me a long time to develop a routine that made me feel relaxed and secure. If you are suffering with bedtime, routine is the way to go. Find out what makes you happy & the hour before bed becomes your time. Funny TV Show, warm bath, cozy PJ's, gratitude journal, smelly lotion, nice sheets, herbal tea. Make that hour all yours. If you keep the routine the same every night your body begins to relax as you finish your routine. If you have children you know how this worked for them when they were very small.

Remember you are a delicate egg, you need your rest to balance those hormones and strengthen your body. I care about you and want you to feel great!

I will see if Patrice can fill us in on Melatonin the natural supplement that aids sleep. It has worked great for many. I will send that out soon.

I am off to start my bedtime routine. Get some rest!

Wishing you a happy tomorrow,
Amy




Quote of the Day

"A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book."

Irish Proverb

0 Comments: