Saturday, January 17, 2009

You Can't Be Afraid to Speak Your Mind



A really big lesson is getting rid of stress is that you can't make everyone happy. Usually the people in our lives who end up unhappy are not unhappy because of the decision we made, but rather that it was not the decision they wanted.

Are you in a relationship that is negative? A friend, your job, a spouse? Take a step back and release the stress that is associated with them. We have to learn to make ourselves happy and we cannot bottle up our feelings.

I have spent way to much time living a passive life just to avoid a confrontation. But in the end I spend a lot of time with built up stress because I am avoiding the inevitable. I am too afraid to tell someone what I think.

I have made a resolution to speak my mind more often and not to keep it built up inside. You know, it is really a freeing feeling, but I have a lot of work ahead.

Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy


Quote of the Day
"Inward calm cannot be maintained unless physical strength is constantly and intelligently replenished." Buddha

0 Comments: