Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Looking Toward the New Year

10. Less Stress!
Happy New Year!!! As we look at the new year we need to focus on a few things if we really want to heal this next year. Get ready to leave the panic and anxiety behind!
Don't get overwhelmed - Don't work on everything at once these are only things to keep in the back of your mind! One Step at a Time.

I found that going through my day with my pants on fire was not helpful to easing the anxiety & depression in my life. Funny thing is that I really like control and routines in my life. Here are a few things that you can implement into your daily life to ease the stress. Just think you might even have some free time to kick up your heels.

Get Organized
What is worse than not being able to find your keys and you are all ready late for work? Then add that the car is on empty, you forgot the kid's lunch, your cell phone is dead...it's going to be one of those days. Ease that daily stress by getting it together. A little planning and your day can run pretty smooth.



One morning after having one of those days I came across a website called Flylady. She helps show you how to develop a routine and a system to get everything done, and clear the clutter from your life. If you are struggling, this is a great place to get started.

I have found that if my bedroom is not a clutter free area, then I feel more anxious. My bedroom used to be the catch all from the family & stacked with clean laundry ready to be delivered. It was also painted red. When I was desperate to find something that would stop the panic attacks I painted my room a calming green, and I am so happy I did. Now I keep my room clutter free and it is my haven at night after a hard day. I am able to sit and not be stressed by all of the junk around me. It really is a place that makes me happy. What word would describe your bedroom?

Get on a Budget & a Plan
Life happens and we all need to prepared to take care of the little things. Are you not sleeping at night because of overdrafts at the bank? When was the last time you created a budget and a plan?



What if you knew where every dollar was going every month & that all of your bills would be paid? No overspending, no late fees, no collection calls. Would take excess stress out of that area.

My family has been helped greatly by following the Dave Ramsey Plan. You can check his site out at www.daveramsey.com. He has a three hour radio show 5 days a week to help keep you on track.

If we can reduce the stress is a few areas we can really focus on becoming the best. What if every day was a good day? What if every day was happy & stress free? What a great vision that is! Want to feel better? Commit to less stress. Download the Daily Healing Journal in the Egg Printables to help you keep you on track.


Wishing you peaceful thoughts today,
Amy

Quote of the Day

"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

2 Comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Great blog. Welcome to MBC!

Sheryl said...

I discovered the flylady years ago, she has wonderful ideas. I have even purchased some of her products and what I have gotten is good quality.